Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

B E A U T Y | Curly Pixie

instagram: terryadriana_



So, I chopped off my hair. 


All of it.


Gone.


Okay, well, not all of it, as you can see in the picture, I've still got a bit left. But the good majority of my formerly shoulder-blade length, formerly butt-length hair, is gone. 

Why? Because my hair was damaged beyond belief. I was sick and tired of putting it into a bun, or straightening it because my 3a/b curls were no long keeping their curl pattern, even after rinsing to reset. Besides, I had been toying with the idea of a pixie-esque cut since the middle of high school. 

Honestly, it was the scariest thing I've ever done, hair-wise. I had no problem bleaching the ever-loving crap out of it, but a chop is where I hesitated (I mean, if the bleach job sucks, I could always dye it back to brown, was what I told myself and my skeptic sisters). But I booked the home appointment with my eldest sister's hair dresser, Claude from Fiorio, and I waited until tuesday morning. 

I didn't even believe it was happening when Claude came on Tuesday. Not even when he sat me on my kitchen barstool relocated in my washroom, took my damaged, shoddily dyed violet hair out of its bun at the top of my head, and dunked my hair under the sink to wet it. 

The reality quickly set in when he took the first massive chunk of my hair, and snipped it off to my ear in one quick cut. He went to work on my hair right after, and not even 45 minutes later, my hair was done. 

He took before and after pictures of my hair to put on his Fiorio Facebook page. I haven't actually taken the time to see if I can view them. But I'd much rather not; It was tuesday morning, and I was looking deathly because of my lack of makeup and all things pretty. Seriously. 

It was liberating. I much prefer a pixie to long hair, I've come to realize. To anyone who is seriously considering cutting their hair into a pixie, and is researching hair types, and face shapes to figure out if you would look good with one; the only advice I can really give you is to just go for it. The same people who were trying to dissuade me from cutting my hair, are the same people who gushed over how good I look, and how much my new hair suits me now. 

Plus, I did it with the 3 features the internet told me would make me look awful with a pixie;

1) curly hair
2) a larger than dainty nose
3) round face

Take that, Internet! Never doubt me!



Ps. This post was in my drafts the day I cut my hair: 02/12/13, and I only got around to posting it today (without side and back pics)  because I fail at life. So I will be updating in the next week or so with pictures of what my hair looks like now.


No comments:

Post a Comment