Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

B E A U T Y | Haul


What's this? Two updates in one day? *gasp* 

Yussir. To make up for my serious lack of updates, I'm going to do a haul. Huzzah, and whatnot. Today is second oldest sisters 21st birthday, so yesterday, after I bought her gift (the pandora bracelet), I decided to treat myself for some much-needed lipsticks. My current ones were running low (sad, sad).




From top left to right (in both pictures):

Sephora Lip Attitude Glamour Natural Rose (G17), Revlon Matte Wine Not (010), Revlon Matte Mauve It Over (003),  Revlon Matte Stormy Pink (011), Revlon Créme Raspberry Bite (745), 

Bottom left to right (in both pictures):

MAC Matte Please Me, Revlon Créme Berry Haute (660)


Oh my goodness, I love these colours so much. The Sephora Lip Attitude was on clearance for 5 dollars because apparently they're discontinuing (if not, my mistake, I read it somewhere online). My favourites, though, are the MAC Please Me and the Revlon Mauve It Over. Both are very good for a go-to everyday neutral lipsticks. The Stormy Pink is a very lovely barbie pink colour - but, I pretty much have to scrub my lips with it to get the pigment to stay on. It mostly rubs off after a few hours, but the left-overs on my lips are a very cute pale pink that I don't mind.  Wine Not, is a beautiful, rich, deep red that I would only wear on a night out. It's so lovely a shade though! I had been searching forever for a dark red for myself. 





If you have yet to purchase a translucent powder - buy this one. buy it now. Emotional Brilliance by Lush is an amazing line with an amazing translucent powder. Seriously. It gives your face a nice matte finish, while sponging up oil and making your face super smooth and it lasts a while. Plus, *BONUS BONUS* as everyone knows, Lush is all-natural. One of my closest friends works at the Lush at my local mall, so this girl right here gets discounts. Booyahh

The original price $18.95. Totally worth it. 



I actually really like this mascara. It doesn't clump if you take your time, and the brush is big enough to do the job. the formula is a bit thin, so more coats are required if you want full lashes. Overall, I'd give it a nice 3.5 out of 5. But if you use the ol' baby powder on your lashes trick, it bumps it up to a nice 4 out of 5. The Voluminous mascara will always be my favourite, but this is in my top 5. 

Ugh, I would show you a picture of the end result of both no baby powder and baby powder with this mascara in 3 coats, but my camera is currently broken (so sad), and my iphone isn't taking adequate pictures. 




The best for last.

This, my friends, is my sister's birthday gift which she better love because it made a dent in my bank account (thank goodness for my meager savings account). The 'S' is her initials. Yes, both. heheh. The two charms on either side have a connecting chain, and she loves linking chains because she's freaking weird. This is an investment for our whole family in the long run, because now for her special events, we can just get her expensive charms. Yay! One of my friends has a pandora bracelet thats worth more than a thousand bucks because of all the charms. Like, damn

Anyways, I think I might get one for myself because the lady who helped me at Pandora, had such a pretty bracelet! I want onee!

No comments:

Post a Comment